just a reminder: we’re two periods away from 2014.
you couldn’t just say months you had to measure time with your menstrual cycle
fUN FACT. the earliest form of a calender that’s ever been found was to keep track of an ancient person’s menstrual cycle. ppl with vaginas invented time. there is a reason that months are about the same length as the time between periods. that is all.
Anonymous said: That was actually a really good question. What rights do men have that women don't have?
Like I said, I already answered it. But I guess a lot of people didn’t bother to read it, so here it is again. Maybe pay some fucking attention this time.
- In some parts of the world, women can not:
- drive a car
- leave the house without being escorted by a man
- own property
- obtain a divorce without her husband’s permission
- there are places where women are put in prison for being raped, or even forced to marry their rapist
- there are places where marital rape and abuse against women are perfectly legal
- in this country, legislation is constantly being passed saying what cis women/people with vaginas can and cannot do with their own bodies, when so such legislation is ever passed for men
- cis women/people with vaginas are denied certain types of birth control in some states if they’re not married, but do you think unmarried men are ever denied condoms or Viagra?
- many employers will not cover multiple forms of birth control, which is used for multiple medical purposes other than just contraception, but they will cover erectile dysfunction meds, which are used ONLY for sex - cis women/people with vaginas are punished for having sex, men are free to do as they please
- IN FACT: Bills regulating cis women’s/people with vaginas’ bodies in 2013 alone: 624 - Bills regulating men’s bodies since the dawn of time: 0
- How about this gem: employers cannot technically fire a cis woman/pregnant person for being pregnant, HOWEVER, they CAN fire her/them if her/them pregnancy prevents her/them from not being able to lift more than 60 lbs, and you’re not supposed to lift for than 20 during pregnancy - a man CANNOT lose his job if he has a disability that prevents him from being able to lift that much
- And don’t even get me STARTED on the wage gap, which varies depending on your race - men make more than women as a whole, but then white women make more than black women, who make more than latina women - it’s a disgrace
- and WoC are fighting battles that white women have already won
- and so are trans women, who are in an eternal battle to even be TREATED like real women, which of course they are just as much real women as cis women are
- and non-binary people with vaginas need and deserve all the same bodily autonomy rights that women need and deserve as well
Once again, this was a list I made off the top of my head in about 10 minutes or so. So I’m not exactly sure why people are asking. It’s about as basic as it gets.
calling a man a “pig” is literally dehumanising how do some people not think there’s anything wrong with that how
Because chicks, fillies, birds and bitches never get dehumanised. Those vixens always get away with this kind of shit. Especially the heifers, they’re the worst. What cows.
"sorry you couldn’t play the game the other day… hopefully this will make it up to you"
street harassment stems from the view that the public still belongs to men and women are enroaching on their territory when we exist outside of the home
Surely you would have empirical evidence to back such a claim?
Engaging with an anti-feminist is like, always futile but would the Harvard Law Review suffice as an acceptable source? The journal article has a few other sources as footnotes.
It’s always when someone is speaking the ugly and unabashed truth that they get called “crazy” or accused of being on drugs, further showing us that people are blind to what’s really going on in the world and have been conditioned not to accept it. That way anything different from what they’re comfortable with thinking and knowing is wrong.